The Dumbification of the Republican Party – 2


I thought you might. Instead of boring you with gazillion examples from the experiment, let me borrow a very recent example of something which seems to make sense only to people with complete lack of common sense. On December 19, 2017 every Republican in the Senate voted to pass a $1.5 trillion tax cut they claimed is good for the working class. Without rehashing the details here, 90% of the borrowed money will go to large and financially successful corporations as well as to wealthy individuals. The remaining 10% will be divided among the working class.

You don’t have to be a genius or a math wiz to figure out that it makes no sense to borrow money to give to those who already have; it would make even less sense that those who are given most of the borrowed money are shielded from giving back a single penny to help to repay the loan. Which individual with common sense would do something so outrageously stupid? DON’T answer that.

What would you add?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.