Marco Rubio: Now look, I’m not here to badmouth the other Republicans, we have a good group of people running. At a minimum I can say this: None of them is a socialist. None of our candidates is under FBI investigation. Obviously, we all understand the importance of this presidential race. I would just ask everybody this: Can this country afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI? Think of the trauma that would do to this country.
Jeb Bush: “All I’m saying is that she’s under investigation by the FBI. Just pause and think about that. That’s not, that’s a pretty uncommon thing for a presidential candidate. And each and every week it just seems like there’s more information.”
On the Trump’s team, there was an avalanche of tweets – synchronizing with the tweeter-in-chief – with one simple message:
- Kellyanne Conway (tweet): #Hillary made history today: we’ve not nominated someone under FBI investigation whom a majority says not trustworthy not honest (June 7, 2016)
- Sean Spicer (tweet): @AriMelber not if @HillaryClinton becomes nominee – probably tough to get excited about someone under FBI investigation (Feb 20, 2016)
- Kellyannne Conway (tweet): Most honest people I know are not under FBI investigation, let alone two (Oct 28, 2016)
- Dan Scavino Jr (tweet): Running for #POTUS with an FBI investigation Who else could run for #POTUS w/ such a scandal? Nobody. (Oct 14, 2015)
- Reince Priebus (tweet): Dem voters forced to make an impossible choice between 1 candidate facing FBI investigation & another that’s a self-proclaimed socialist (Feb 27, 2016)
- Paul Ryan sent a letter to the director of national intelligence asking to suspend Hillary’s access to classified information.
Why are Republicans so silent now, about FBI investigation into Trump’s administration? As I mentioned several times in this blog, Republicans are not patriots; and every opportunity they have to prove me wrong, they reinforce the fact that the wellbeing of the country is not a priority or a concern.